Symptoms of depression
See below to find out what feelings, thoughts, physical problems and behaviours are common when you are depressed.
- Crying, lying in bed in the day, not able to get up in the morning.
- Withdrawing from and avoiding friends and others.
- Drop in recreational activities.
- Drop in work or school attendance.
- Neglecting responsiblities and personal appearance.
- Becoming restless and agitated.
- Self-criticism (I'm really hopeless).
- Self-blames (It's all my fault, I should have done better).
- Thoughts of death and suicide.
- Critical thoughts about others (He's not much of a friend).
- Concentration and memory problems. Problems making decisions.
- No pleasure.
- Numb inside.
- Tiredness and lack of energy.
- Sleeping too much or waking up in the night.
- Eating too little or too much.
- Weight loss or gain.
- No interest in sex.
- Aches and pains.